09 October 2008

Quickly before I go to Texas...

I know that it is election season and that you've probably been innudated with "VOTE" campaigns, but I have another vote I would like you to participate in.

A friend of my company--Liz McCartney, the co-director/founder of the St. Bernard Project--is a CNN Hero Semi-finalist for 2008. She won $25,000 and is now one of 10 who will be honored in Hollywood on Thanksgiving night at 9:00 p.m. (EST) at a red carpet event. Through a voting campaign, a grand winner will be announced at the November 22 event. This person will win $100,000. Needless to say, Liz has already donated her $25,000 award to the St. Bernard Project and will do the same if she wins the $100,000.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would go check out the CNN Heroes Web site and cast your vote (preferrably for Liz and the great work she is doing to help victims of Hurricane Katrina!)

2 comments: