25 September 2008

Oh the shame!

I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I last updated. At least I made it in under the wire, no? You're right. My apologies.

Sure, I was out of town for a few days over Labor Day weekend. Sure, I was working at a temp job, interviewing for permanent jobs and finally securing one. Sure, I was busy querying more agents and sinking into a subtle depression with each passing rejection. And sure, I was editing my first novel (again) and have been outlining my second.

Clearly I have no excuses. Oh look, there they are. Amazing.

My point is that I regret my absence and am going to try to be better behaved. I make no promises, however. I start my new job on Monday, and I hope to start writing on my next novel this weekend. It will be impressive indeed if I am able to balance all three. Then again, I like challenges.

In the meantime, I thought that I would post this meme for you all to comment on. I will dedicate a blog entry to whatever character you pick. However, you may only choose one. So make it your favorite.

Name a character that you know I write or have written, and I'll tell you:

a. What initially prompted me to write about the character.
b. One of the character's best traits.
c. One of the character's worst traits.
d. How easy/difficult I find it to write the character.
e. The moment where I feel that I truly captured the character.
f. My plans to write the character in the near future.

If you aren't familiar with my characters, enjoy learning a bit about them. And because I'm always on the look-out for good entry topics, you can ask a question of your choosing about my writing process.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Kate Stefan.

And... any questions I might have about your writing process... I have definitely already asked. :)

Samantha Elliott said...

Oh, goodness...Kate. She's a good one, and I haven't thought about her in a long while. Tomorrow's blog post will certainly take my thinking cap.

Unknown said...

Look what I get for stepping away for a while? Lots of blog posts!

Draven, please! His enigmatic tragic-ness needs further elucidation!

Samantha Elliott said...

I love that Draven seems to be the fan favorite. And I know that he appreciates it too!