In addition to the intense feelings of utter jealousy this information causes, I feel a renewed drive to make the Virtual Write-In happen. My apartment's den may not be as scenic as an Irish castle, but it's not as drafty or as dusty either. :P
Anyway, my resolve has led me to make a few executive decisions.
- Because I'm an "early-bird", SEFEVWI will last from 9 a.m. EST until the last participant crashes on an upcoming Saturday/Sunday, date to-be-determined. (See the poll to the right.) Participants are welcome to join when they are able and leave as-needed, though the idea is to spend the day writing.
- I'll create a private (password protected) chat room on Meebo.com, which allows for people to sign in and join rooms using AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, ICQ, gtalk, Myspace, and Facebook instant messengers. Hopefully everyone interesting in joining us has at least one of those, if not more *coughlikesixoutofsevencough*. If not, it takes about 5 minutes to create an account on AIM. Suck it up, people.
- A few days before The Big Day, I'll post a blog entry listing the pertinent details about the WIP (work-in-progress) that I'll be working on during the VWI. You all can then share yours via comments, and then we'll all be on the same page the day of and not have to waste time explaining the details. (Thanks for the great idea, Kage!)
- Sometime soon, I'll post an entry about the VWI's etiquette and "rules", which you all should feel free to contribute to. But, to ease your minds, I don't think that this thing is going to need to be moderated as much as it will need some direction.
- This VWI is BYOWF (Bring Your Own Writer Friends). The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.