21 January 2009

Embracing the Unconventional: My Hopes

Welcome to part two of my Embracing the Unconventional series. Hopefully you know that yesterday I decided to tell you about the things I'd done from the 50 unconventional things to do in your lifetime list of Lyved.com. Today, it's all about wish fulfillment. Today, I give you the things I hope to do.

By the way, don't be shy. What do you hope to do in your lifetime?

Hope to Do:

14. Help someone help himself/herself. I've been thinking about teaching a man to fish. But, that requires learning myself...

15. Adopt a pet from a shelter or rescue group. I'm envisioning this as a joint venture - a couple's first serious commitment sort of thing. As I'm not part of a couple, you can understand how this is currently a hope for the distant future.

16. Inner tube down a river. My family is big on tubing trips to the Guadalupe River in Central Texas to pass the hot summer days. When I was in high school I missed several of these trips. I plan to rectify that one day. Or, one-up them and tube down the Amazon. You decide.

20. Help family members achieve their goals and dreams. I try to do this every day in every way possible, and I hope that my family sees me as a resource they can depend on.

21. Watch all the top rated films of all time. My ex-roommate actually has a list. As soon as I make a copy of it (or print my own), AFI's top 100 are going down!

26. Work at a zoo or aquarium. I have no idea why this made this list, or why it is something that I have always wanted to do. But it is, and I have. Even if it's only as a weekend volunteer or something, I really hope that I get a chance to help bathe an elephant or feed a baby cheetah. Awwww, baby aminals are sooooo cute.

31. Confront at least one of your big fears. As soon as I figure out what my biggest fears are, I am so on this. I don't believe in letting myself hold me back. Then again, everyone fears something. If I can't think of at least one major fear, then I'm probably living in my own special palace in Denial. So much for self-awareness.

32. At least attempt to tackle every dream and goal you’ve ever had. Again with the self-awareness. I have made an attempt to go after most things I've dreamed of and made goals toward. I still need to live in a cute little apartment in Paris. And I guess I should start saving up for my campaign if I'm going to try to be the first female president of the U. S.

38. Read all your favorite books again. Forever and always. Cathy + Heathcliff = True Love

39. Work less, live more. Word.

46. Stomp grapes at a vineyard. Ideally this would happen on my sprawling grounds in Italy. But I'll take it on a week-long wine tour of Napa.

49. Learn how to drive a tractor. My grandparents live on a farm. My grandfather owns several tractors. I just need to ask. And while I'm at it, I think I'll ask him to teach me how to shoot a rifle. Hunting's cooler than fishing anyway!

50. Do all your favorite things from childhood: skip rocks, build a tree house, go fishing, whatever, but have fun! Seriously, why are fish stalking me today? Alright already. I'll go camping this summer and catch me some dinner (and lunch and breakfast). Anyone have a portable air conditioner I can borrow?

No comments: